The branch is the term we use in TravelContact to group different entities. A branch can be constituted by sub-agencies, independent agents, or clients and it is controlled by the main agency. Every branch reports to the main agency.
A Hotel Brand is part of a series or group of hotels operated by the same chain or owner. Opposite of an independent hotel it is a chain-affiliated hotel.
A hotel chain is a company that owns or operates several hotel brands. It manages hotels located in different areas. They can be total or partial owners of the hotel and manage their administration, marketing, and promotion.
Client: Is a person who was created to be added automatically to a trip and has a method of contact, either an email, a phone number or has been assigned to the main traveler.
Prospect: It is a client who was created but will not be added to a trip at the time. Once in the platform, it can be added to a trip or be edited at any time.
Client profile menu
General Information: You can add Personal Information: (basic information, phone numbers, emails, important dates, addresses); Professional Information: (social media; medical information.)
Networks: Relationship between your clients: (family members, coworkers, friends, etc)
Agency Information: This is an internal page for the agency and can only be seen by those authorized. In this section, you’ll be able to see the client’s creation date, who added the client, and who is the client assigned to, If the client is shared and the source information in case it exists. Furthermore, it is possible to add comments regarding the client, and it will be saved in his/her profile.
Preferences The agent can add relevant information about the preferences, needs, and specific likes of a client. This will help him/her focus on satisfying the interests of the clients in the different types of services (interests, hotel, flight, cruise, vehicle, and train).
It's the commission payment that the agency is expected to receive from the supplier for any particular service.
Commission Paid Out
It's the commission received from the supplier that was paid out to the agent.
It's the commission payment that the agency received from the supplier.
Commissions payment status
Open: Commissions with pending payments from the supplier to the agency and/or the agency to the agent.
Void: A service has been canceled and does not generate any penalty.
Canceled: A service has been canceled and generates a penalty (according to cancellation policies or contracts).
Closed: The entire commission has been paid by the supplier to the agency and also from the agency to the agent.
- For review: This transaction is in the To Review section. The conciliation process has not started. No commission payments have been entered at the transaction level.
- In Process: This transaction is in the To Review section. The conciliation process has started but is not complete. Commission payments entered do not match the total amount of the transaction.
- Completed: This transaction is in the To Review section. The amount of the transaction matches the amount of commission payments received. However, the payments received have not been recorded at the service level.
- Reconciled: this transaction can be found in the Reconciled section. The settlement is complete. Payments received have been recorded at the service level.
Create one or multiple invoices for the total cost of a service or group of services. The invoices may have different amounts and due dates.
In this section the administrators of the agency will be able to create new categories and fields within the client profile to enter information they consider relevant to their databases, this will help them customize the Clients Module according to the needs of the agency.
It is a function we have created so that exportation can be made from the list of clients with the possibility of segmenting the data and choosing the information you wish to export to the Excel file.
Dashboard - Home
It is a snapshot of what you entered in TravelContact. Here you can see all the relevant information about the monthly activity of your trips and clients. Also, activate the Google Tasks integration so you can create your tasks list.
My Month- Clients: List of all clients or prospects added this month to the platform. And Reminders for relevant client activity during this month: Birthdays, Passport Expirations, etc.
My Month- Trips: All relevant trip activity of all active, upcoming, and recent trips for this particular month. Here you can also see the commissions the agency receives and the date on which they are going to be paid.
Groups - Clients
At the trip level, you can select individual clients and create groups. Every client group must have a main contact. You can then divide the cost of a service or the cost of the entire trip between the client groups. You can either divide equally or select the amount that each group is responsible for.
At the trip and client level, you will find a record of all activity and changes made with time and advisor responsible.
All confirmed services that are payable to the agency generate an invoice. You can generate an invoice for an individual service or for a group of services.
- Basic Terms: Are short explanations to show the basic policies with which the agency works when selling a service.
- Extended Terms: The extended terms are a more detailed explanation of all the policies to be followed by the agency when it makes the sale of a service, this type of terms is a kind of contract that can only be established by the agency administrator.
- General Itinerary: You will find all the services that have been added to the trip regardless of which clients are added to these services.
- Personal Itinerary: See those services contracted for a specific client.
The main client is the person whose name is going to be generated the invoice of the service or services to be paid.
The person that will receive all information regarding the trip. You can select this option for one or more clients on the trip.
The main traveler is the client's representative, here you can add the type of relationship that the client has with other clients.
Refers to the additional amount added to the total cost of an individual service or of the entire trip, that the agency will retain from the client.
Add important notes to your trips by service or to your clients.
- Private Access: This allows the travel agent to view only his/her own clients and trips.
- Public Access: Allows all users to view all clients and trips on the platform. Travel agents can’t download the agency’s database to an Excel file unless they have an administrative user account.
- Admin Host: It is the profile for those who have access to all the information of the Host Agency and also to each of the sub-agencies that are part of the main one. This user can enter into TravelContact through the URL of the host agency or each of the sub-agencies, using the same user.
- Admin: The Administrative users will have access to the full information within the TravelContact platform. They can view, add or edit clients, trips, automation, and sales reports of all the agency. They can keep track of everyone’s sales, commissions, and payments, allowing them to check the productivity of agents and suppliers.
- Manager: A manager user has access to the majority of the agency's information within TravelContact but with certain exceptions. They can view, add and/or edit clients and trips, they can also enter payments and commissions of the services that have been entered but will not have access to the agency's reports module and the Administrative Module.
- Assistant: These users have access to almost all the information about the agency in TravelContact. They can see, add and edit the client's database, they can assign a client to an agent within the agency. They can also add or edit automation. In the Trips module, they can view the trips but not edit them. Also, they can enter and pay the commissions for the confirmed services. An assistant does not have access to the Reports module of the agency.
- Agent: Travel agents can view, add or edit their own clients, trips, automation, and campaigns. They need public access or a "share" action to work with data from other agents. They don't have access to the travel agency's administrative section (sales, commissions, and payments). You also have access to the Reports Module where you can only see your sales.
Is a document that reflects a cost estimate for a selection of confirmed services in a trip. The quote can include confirmed services that are payable to the agency as well as services that are payable to the supplier.
Send your clients predetermined or edited messages where you can: Congratulate them for their birthday or anniversary. Let them know of the expiration of their passports/visas. Personalize messages to each client or send a mass message to more than one client at the same time.
- Agents: The agent's section is where you can view a list of the agents that make up your agency and establish a date range to see the amounts corresponding to each one. Through this section, it will be possible to monitor more effectively the sales and commissions generated by the agents, in addition to knowing the cost of the services sold and the commissions that the suppliers grant to the agency for the sale of the service.
- Amounts: It is where you can find the total sales amounts of the agency and the total income generated by the commissions received. Administrators can track all the commissions generated, allowing them to see the productivity of their agents. You can see the number of commissions per month, per agent, and per year.
- Clients: Here you will find an analysis of your client's database. Through counting boxes and graphics the platform will show you your segmented database that you can evaluate and work on your strengths and disadvantages to improve your productivity.
- Suppliers: It is where you can see the total sales of the agency by service and suppliers. You will be able to establish a date range and see all the income generated in the course of the selected time, it can be general or detailed by an agent or service.
- Advanced search: Search for a client in a more specific way. You will be able to search by first name, last name, email, date of birth, and agent.
- Simple search: Type the name or last name of the client you are looking for. The search can give you more than one result.
It is an extra expense that is not recovered, it is not a commission.
In TravelContact we use this term for the group of independent agents who belong to the same host agency and work together under a determined structure. This will allow the host agency to have more control over its operations.
A sub-traveler is a person who depends on the main traveler to be represented and contacted about a trip.
A sub-traveler of is the principal traveler of a person who does not have a method of contact, for example, a minor or a senior citizen.
It is a suppliers database created by TravelContact, available to all agencies. You will be able to see and use it in your operations, but only the TravelContact administrator will be able to edit the information.
Control of the transactions for each of the services added by the agent and generate complete reports with the most relevant information needed by travel agents and agency administrators.
Transactions on the Commissions Module
- For Review: All entered transactions that have not been matched to a service or reconciled.
- Reconciled: All transactions that have been reconciled at the service level.
- Pending: This transaction is in the For Review section. The reconciliation process has not started. No commission payments have been entered at the transaction level.
- In Progress: This transaction is in the For Review section. The reconciliation process has started but is not complete. The commission payments entered do not match the total transaction amount.
- Done: This transaction is in the For Review section. The transaction amount matches the amount for commission payments received. However, the payments received have not been recorded at the service level.
- Reconciled: This transaction is in the Reconciled section. The reconciliation is complete. The payments received have been recorded at the service level.
Proposal: When a trip is in proposal status, the services have not been confirmed. Between the proposed and the confirmed status there are 2 sub-status that can be selected manually:
- Draft: Any service added to a trip is automatically created in draft status.
- Negotiation: It is optional for agencies that wish to work with this sub-state and make it known that the trip quotation process is being negotiated with the client.
Confirmed: A Confirmed trip is one where one or more services (flight, lodging, transport, restaurant, activity, insurance, cruise, etc) have been confirmed by the agent and the invoice has been generated.
There are 3 sub-status that will appear automatically, they are associated with the dates of the services:
- Upcoming: It is activated from 7 days before the first service of the trip begins.
- Active: A trip becomes active when the date of the first confirmed service arrives and the trip starts. The trip will remain active until the last service in the trip has finished.
- Recent: A trip becomes recent the day after the last confirmed service in the trip ends. Recent Trips are trips that have ended and all services on the trip have finished.
- Closed: The trip is 100% paid by the client, including the corresponding commission.