Getting Started Guide
Start using TravelContact
TravelContact is a cloud-based multi-tool platform that simplifies all the daily operations for the travel expert.
We want to guide you through your first steps so you can start using TravelContact. So, We invite you to keep reading this article!
Note: Please make sure you select Google Chrome as your browser when navigating TravelContact.
In this guide we'll cover:
- Lesson 1: TravelContact Modules.
- Lesson 6: Add a supplier to TravelContact.
- What's next?
Lesson 1: TravelContact Modules
Here is an overview of our modules:
|Home||View a general summary of all your trips. We highlight the most important details and give you shortcuts to information and quick-add features.|
|Clients||You’ll find all your clients and prospects. Create individual profiles including more than 250 travel preferences!|
|Trips||Send beautiful itineraries, quotes, and invoices to your clients while keeping track of costs, payments, and commissions.|
|Suppliers||You’ll find a structured supplier database. Access and create a complete profile for your contact person on each company.|
|Commissions||Manage and reconcile all commission payments received by the agency.|
|Reminders||You don’t have to remember all the important dates and expiration dates for your clients anymore, we will do it for you!|
|Transactions||Verify and export all reports of services and commissions generated.|
|Reports||Monitor sales and commissions, as well as supplier and client performance. Make data-driven decisions!|
|Admin||Have complete control of your company. Manage every detail within your agency and customize it!|
Lesson 2: Edit your Profile
Locate the user menu at the upper right corner of the screen and click Manage My Profile. By clicking the Edit button you can add your contact information, phone number, email, change your password, and more. In the preferences section, you can set the date and time format and change the language.
You can also link your new or existing Gmail account with TravelContact for the Google Tasks App. From your profile, go to Integrations and configure Google Task. Then, manage your tasks interchangeably from your email account or TravelContact’s Dashboard.
Lesson 3: Add a client
- The Client Module can be found on the Main Menu located on the left side of the screen.
- Select the Add Client button located on the right side and a new window will open where you will need to fill out the required information of the client, such as name, last name, and a method of contact.
- Type the information and click on Create a Client. Automatically the new client gets saved to your existing database.
Note: If you don't have a method of contact, you can create the client as a prospect.
TravelContact helps you remember dates, preferences, medical information, passports and so many other details about your clients so travel planning feels like a breeze.
Lesson 4: Import your database
- To import your database into TravelContact is very easy, all you have to do is contact your TravelContact Guru or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will send you the instructions to complete the upload as well as the templates you need to fill in.
- The next step is to create an FTP folder where you can upload the file that contains your clients' information.
- Once this is ready, Our IT team will proceed to upload your information to the platform.
Note: You can import client database, suppliers database, and trips database.
Lesson 5: Create a trip
Create a trip:
- Find the Trip Module on the menu located on the left side of your screen and click on it.
- Click on Create Trip. A new screen will appear, fill out the required information and click on Create.
Add a client to the trip:
- Locate the trip menu on top of your screen and click on the Clients section.
- Select the + Add clients button.
- A list will be displayed with all the possible services you can add to a trip. Select a type of service and click on Add.
- Select the client and click on Add Clients. If it is a new client the platform will save it on the database automatically.
Add services to the trip:
- Locate the trip menu on top of your screen and click on Services.
- Select the + Add service button.
- A list will be displayed with all the possible services you can add to a trip and the status of the service. Select a type of service and click on Add.
- You can choose between 2 options: quick add to load several services at the same time or advanced, where a list will be displayed that will allow you to choose the service you want to add individually.
- Click on Save Changes. You can attach documents or edit the information at any time.
Lesson 6: Add a supplier
- Find the Supplier Module located on the left side of your screen and click on it.
- Select the Add Supplier button located on the right side and a new screen will open with all the information to be filled out.
- Click on Save.
Note: If you created a new supplier when adding services to a trip. The supplier will be added automatically to your database.
- Help Center: For our Knowledge Base, FAQs, Videos or to register to any of our upcoming webinars.
- Attend a Webinar: Join us on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays, on our webinars. Get to know TravelContact from beginning to end! And take advantage of our Q&A live section. Learn more and sign up here.
Learning Academy: See our step-by-step flow of how to use specific features of TravelContact.
- Quick Guide: Master our most basic features with hands-on guidance.
- Talk to our support team: Get in touch with our TravelContact support team to sort out all of your doubts and questions, we’re here to help you with all your needs!