Tableau (part of Salesforce) is an advanced reporting and data visualization platform used for business intelligence (BI) and analytics. It looks to simplify raw data by presenting it in an understandable format in the form of dashboards and worksheets. Tableau offers a secure and flexible end-to-end analytics platform.
For more information: https://www.tableau.com/en-gb
TravelContact is integrated with Tableau to give travel agencies complete visibility of their data with advanced reports that can be customized to each agency’s need. With the integration you receive base reports that have already been created by the TravelContact team with the flexibility to obtain further information from these reports or create new custom reports at the agency level.
The following base reports have already been created:
- Destinations: Review total agency sales in different destinations with information on top suppliers and types of services sold. Select a specific destination to breakdown the information and review its totals.
- Suppliers: Review total sales for all suppliers with information broken down on property, brand and chain level. Filter sales by top properties across all suppliers or filter by a specific brand or chain.
- Trips: Review yearly sales and commissions broken down by agency, sub-agencies and advisors. Tableau will forecast your profits and estimate the expected performance for the following periods. You will be able to review advisor sales vs profits generated.
- Services by Status: Review all sales and commissions by status: proposal, confirmed, cancelled. The information can be broken down by trip, advisor and client level and filtered using different dates.
- Who can request the TravelContact – Tableau Integration?
- Who will have access to the reports in Tableau?
- How can I request the TravelContact - Tableau integration?
- What is the cost of the TravelContact – Tableau integration?
- Can I build custom reports for my agency in Tableau?
- How do I access my reports in Tableau?
- How to filter the information in Tableau reports?
- How fast is the information entered in TravelContact reflected in Tableau?
- How to edit my user information in Tableau?
1. Who can request the TravelContact – Tableau Integration?
The integration is per agency (not per individual user) and is available for all Host and Sub-Agencies in TravelContact. The integration must be requested by the Admin user of the Agency or Sub-Agency.
2. Who will have access to the reports in Tableau?
The Tableau license for the agency or sub-agency will be assigned to the authorized admin user that requests the integration. Only one license per agency is necessary.
3. How can I request the TravelContact - Tableau integration?
To request the integration please contact your TravelContact Guru, assigned to your agency at the time of signup. Or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request the TravelContact- Tableau integration.
4. What is the cost of the TravelContact – Tableau integration?
The cost will be $50 per agency/ per month payable to TravelContact.
5. Can I build custom reports for my agency in Tableau?
Yes, once you have access to Tableau you will receive all base reports created by TravelContact and you will also be able to create custom reports for your agency. Important to note that TravelContact does not offer support for new report creation.
6. How do I access my reports in Tableau?
Login to your Tableau account and in the Menu select Explore to find all base reports created by TravelContact as well as any custom reports created.
7. How to filter the information in Tableau reports?
To filter the information using different criteria, you can simply click on different parts of the report and the information will be modified depending on the detail selected, or you can use the filters to the right of the report and select the information to view.
8. How fast is the information entered in TravelContact reflected in Tableau?
Tableau will refresh every 10 minutes to reflect all data entered in TravelContact. At any point, you can use the refresh link in Tableau to manually refresh the information.
9. How to edit my user information in Tableau?
Locate the user menu – top right corner to view or edit your account settings including password, language, time zone. You can also explore your content, and sign out.
If you need training on Tableau specific functionality please visit their learning center for FAQs, Webinars and Video Tutorials.